Noel Catura Biography
Noel Catura Bio
Award winning saxophonist and Selmer Paris endorsing artist, Noel Catura has been performing professionally and teaching in the Bay Area for over 30 years. Noel has performed with renowned artists such as Mary Wells, John Lee Hooker, Bobby Womack, Charles Brown, Don Menza, Gordon Goodwin, Eddie “Clean Head” Vinson, Albert King, Ike Turner, Robben Ford, Dave Weckl, Ernie Watts, Russell Ferrante, Kim Wilson of the Fabulous Thunderbirds, Wayne Wallace, Pat Ford, Ron E. Beck, Joey DeFrancesco, Duke Jethro, Jeff Lorber and a host of others. He also has performed and toured with Verve recording artist, Joe Louis Walker and Mo’ Muscle recording artist, Sista Monica and was instrumental in the success of the critically acclaimed Chris Cain Band.
Noel has performed nationally and internationally at such prestigious festivals including the Montreal Jazz Festival (Canada), The Gospel and Rhythm and Blues Festival (New York), The Notoden Blues Festival (Norway), Belgium Rhythm and Blues Festival, the West Palm Beach Festival (Florida), Bumpershoot Festival (Seattle), San Francisco Blues Festival and Sacramento Blues Festival.
Noel currently performs in the Noel Catura Band, Big City Revue and works with many top bands and artist in the San Francisco bay area. Noel is a respected educator and currently teaches private lessons at Music Village in San Jose, CA and at Jams Music in Dublin, CA.
Booking and Private Lesson Information: 408-230-5969
- Selmer Paris Saxophones
- AMT Applied Microphone Technology
As a Leader
- Noel Catura "Soulful Situation" 2011
As a Sideman
- Joe Louis Walker, "President and the Preacher"
- Sista Monica, "Get Out of My Way", "People Love the Blues" and "Live in Europe"
- Chris Cain, "Late Night City Blues", "Cuttin' Loose", "Can’t Buy A Break"
- Jackie Payne, "Day in the Life of a Bluesman"
- Andy Just, "Andy Just Don’t Cry"
- Ronnie Beck, "Love Comes and Goes"
- Greg Murai, "And Your Soul Will Dance"
- Killer Acid Jazz by Cue Ball, "The Big Nervous Chill"